top of page

If I reach an agreement rather than going to court to obtain child or spousal support, does this mea

The Family Responsibility Office (FRO) helps families in Ontario to get the support they are entitled to by enforcing court-ordered support payments. If the parties enter into a formal written agreement setting out their family law rights and obligations towards each other, then to enforce the agreement, it must be registered with the Family Responsibility Office. To do this, the written agreement has to be filed with the Ontario Court of Justice or Superior Court of Justice with an Affidavit for Filing. The written agreement, Affidavit for Filing and a completed FRO registration package is also required to be mailed to FRO. Based on the documents filed, a court order is sent to the FRO which then enforces the payment obligations as per the court order.

Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square
bottom of page